ITALY | SUNDANCE INSTITUTE SCREENWRITERS WORKSHOP
Joining forces with New Cinema Network / Fondazione Cinema per Roma and the Toscana Film Commission / Fondazione Sistema Toscana, Capalbio Cinema is proud to announce the first Italy | Sundance Institute Screenwriters Workshop, that will be held in Capalbio, Tuscany, from July 8th to July 11th.
The workshop will give the opportunity to eight independent screenwriters to develop their creative skills under the guidance of international tutors. Through individual and collective sessions with the Mentors, the Directors / Screenwriters will be presented with tools and techniques dedicated to improve their screenplay and make them stronger when presented on the international market.
The screenwriters will be tutored by Sundance Institute Fellows Joan Tewkesbury and Erin Cressida Wilson that will guide them through the most efficient ways to develop their stories.
Among the 210 submissions received from 30 countries, the committee, composed by Alexia di Vito (New Cinema Network), Colin Maunoury (Capalbio Cinema) and Matthew Takata (Sundance Institute) has selected 8 projects :
- Digger by Georgis Grigorakis (Greece)
- Polvere Rossa (Red Dust) by Marco Amenta (Italy)
- A Life Beyond Earth by Elisa Fuksas & Tommaso Fagioli (Italy)
- Fiore Gemello (Twin Flower) by Laura Luchetti (Italy)
- Guarda in alto (Look Up) by Fulvio Risuleo (Italy)
- Pill #1618 by Domante Urmonaite (Lithuania)
- 237 Years by Ioana Maria Mischie (Romania)
- Italo Disco by Richard Garcia (Spain)